12826847

I have occupied and had the use of a bricked garage in a

Customer Question

I have occupied and had the use of a bricked garage in a garage block area in an essex town, for 24 years after buying a property from the previous occupier of the garage, he used it for 27 years, i would like to rent this out having been approached by a local for this purpose, or sell it but have no deeds or paperwork, what can i do to rectify this? the council were looking to collect revenue from all empty properties in the essex town and left a notice for me on the door to contact them, after seeking free consultation from a solicitor, he said "they have no chance" so going to the council office armed with this advice I told them and have had no further contact from them...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Was the land ever registered please when you purchased it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never purchased this particular garage or its land nor did the previous owner of the house i purchased, it stood in a garage block opposite my properties garage at the bottom of my house garden, originally it was used by the builders of the estate to store tools and materials, the previous owner of the house i bought moved into it when the works were complete and the site vacated by them. The local council must have had it registered for planning/building purposes though i assume.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don,t want to get sucked into a legal money pit here, i am a pensioner on limited fixed income, already regretting going down this route! popups every page requesting more money, sorry i cant afford your lifestyle...kind regards dennis
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the deeds or is it registered on the land registry please?