75100385

My property is close to an airfield and factory that

Hi, my property is close to an airfield and factory that produces helicopters - the helis are flown daily right at the end of my garden and I wholly accept this, as I chose to live near to the airfield.The problem I have is last week, I opened my front door to leave, and saw my cars covered with grass, as was the road in front of my property and my front garden area.I took a look at the roof of the house, this was also covered with grass.I went out to the back garden, which had the same problem, and my pool too.I contacted the business straight away, they came to view it a few days ago, they asked me what I wanted, I told them I would like them to clean it up, and to check thre guttering at the front of my house as I am sure it must be full of grass. Four days later they told me that there is nothing they can do as they can't ask a member of their staff to go up a ladder.This is a huge helicopter manufacturing company in Somerset, who employ thousands of staff.What are my rights?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted them to clean up my property of their grass cutings. I also asked that they check the guttering to my house as the roof was covered with grass. This was their response:
Pilbeam Julie
5:33 PM (21 hours ago)
to Coombs, meJennieI came back and held discussions with our Site Facilities Department and unfortunately there is very little they can do to help.Days have gone where we can just ask someone to climb a ladder.I can only apologise for any inconvenience but it shouldn’t happen again as there were a number of coincidences including wind direction and the tests the aircraft was carrying out that may have caused the grass movement.Kind RegardsJulieJulie Pilbeam
I replied that I don't accept that and would like them to employ a property maintenace company to check my guttering. I haven't had a response yet.My husband and I have just spent today cleaning up their mess. I have no grass at my home, so it was an eyesore. My home is also my business where clients visit, so had to be done asap.So basically I want them to check the guttering - however I do feel I should invoice them for our time today, spent cleaning up their mess. Can I do that, and if they refuse file an online claim?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Do you know the cost of doing this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. The cost of checking the guttering, or my invoice cost
or the cost of making an online claim?
If you mean the cost of checking the guttering, no I don't know.
I do know the cost on making an online claim, and my invoice to them for our afternoon clearing up their mess
would be £120.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request the£120 or they clean up a within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, thank you for your reply.
I think that's all ok thank you.