75100385

I had my audi serviced 2000 miles ago which included

I had my audi serviced 2000 miles ago which included replacement rear break disks and pads.
When driving back from Wales at around 70 mph my brakes failed completely. I used the gears to bring the car to a stop and I called Green Flag who removed the nearside rear wheel and found the near side rear break caliper completely adrift and fixing bolts missing. They completed a form with the findings and towed me to the repair dealership who repaired the fault free of charge and offered me £250 compensation.
Should I take this further or expect more considering we could have been killed along with others in an emergency stop situation?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much do you want to claim please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£1000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
£250
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation of £1,000 within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Its hard to claim for losses though other than inconvenience and potential loss of our lives and that of others on the road. What can I claim for realistically?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I think £500 Max because there is no loss, only potential loss.