Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

The will names me as sole beneficiary of my dads estate. Is

Hi. The will names me as sole beneficiary of my dads estate. Is this not enough? If not, what is the purpose of a will?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your further question. The purpose of the will is to show what the deceased's intentions were in relation to the estate, however, under the law, certain people are able to make a claim against the estate - such a claim in court does not entitle them to automatically obtain provision from the estate if certain criteria is met.

I hope this assists you further. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.