How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10585
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Our son has not made a will. If he dies s flat would come to

Resolved Question:

our son has not made a will. If he dies his flat would come to us as next of kin. can we refuse to accept it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. Any party is entitled to "disclaim" an inheritance, so yes- you could refuse to accept the flat if you wanted to. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. Please let me know if you require any further clarification. Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that all I wanted to know.Pete
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Pete. If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer, so I may get credited for helping you. Kind Regards Al

Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pete, please don't forget to rate my answer. Many thanks Al

Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you