Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Our son has not made a will. If he dies s flat would come to

our son has not made a will. If he dies his flat would come to us as next of kin. can we refuse to accept it.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. Any party is entitled to "disclaim" an inheritance, so yes- you could refuse to accept the flat if you wanted to. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. Please let me know if you require any further clarification. Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that all I wanted to know.Pete

Thanks Pete. If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer, so I may get credited for helping you. Kind Regards Al

Hi Pete, please don't forget to rate my answer. Many thanks Al