29905560

When a passport is checked on re-entry to Britain would it

Customer Question

When a passport is checked on re-entry to Britain would it show up that child maintenance payments had not been paid over the last 15,years,?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. No this would not show up on a passport check when re-entering the country. The checks which are performed are mainly linked to criminal matters, so for example if you have any outstanding arrest warrants, if you are wanted for anything by the police, if there have been terrorism-related offences, if you are on a crime watchlist, any immigration issues, etc. Non-payment of child support is not a criminal matter, it is a civil one, it is dealt with under civil laws and this is not something which would come to the attention of the immigration authorities when your details are checked on re-entry to the country.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.