Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have just been informed that I am to receive some items

I have just been informed that I am to receive some items from my deceased friends estate which includes all her remaining jewellery for looking after her dogs after she passed away, unfortunately one of the dogs had to be put to sleep (she was 15) due to old age and the step son of the deceased took the other one, what is my position regarding the jewellery am I still entitled to accept it or should I refuse as I don't have the dog?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Despite you no longer caring for the dogs, it appears that your friend has clearly set out that you are to inherit the jewellery - this does not appear to be contingent on the dogs being in your care or them being alive.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you