12826847

AN EMPLOYEE OF OURS HAS LEFT THE COMPANY 2OR 3 TIMES IN THE

Customer Question

AN EMPLOYEE OF OURS HAS LEFT THE COMPANY 2OR 3 TIMES IN THE PAST YEAR DUE TO AN OUTBURST FROM THEM ETC
LAST WEEK THEY WOTE RUDE EMAILS TO MANAGEMENT AND RESIGNED AGAIN
WE THEN MET WITH THEM AND OFFERED THEM TO GO NICELY AND QUIETLY OR TO HAVE A LOWER JOB ROLE IN THE COMPANY IF THEY WANTED TO COME BACK (AGAIN)
WE THEN OFFERED TO PAY THEM THEIR FULL MONTHLY SALARY AND BONUS AND COMMISSION WHICH WILL POB TOTAL CIRCA 1400 POUNDS AND THEY SENT US THE FOLLOWING REPLY WHICH WE FEEL IS BLACKMAIL OR EXTORHTION. WHAT CAN WE DO TO PROTECT THE COMPANY AGAINST THIS PRIOR EMPLOYEE WHO IS TRYING TO MILK US
""" there is no negotiation.
You either pay the £10,000 or you will see what a real nasty person I can be. I am sweetness and light to those I believe deserve it, I don't believe you do.
I told you I'm not gonna have you f**k me over and have a good laugh. I don't make empty threats. At this current moment I have 4 routes I can go down to royally f**k you over, like you have done to me.
You picked the wrong person to f**k over
Sent from my iPhone
On 29 May 2016, at 16:58, wrote:
ORT
HAVE RECEIVED YOUR WHATSAPP MESSAGE AND READ IT.
YOU HAVE RESIGNED FROM THE COMPANY ON THE EMAIL FROM LAST WEEK AND THIS WAS CLARIFIED IN THE MEETING THAT WE HAD LAST THURSDAY AS WELL.
YOU HAVE NOT BEEN WITH THE COMPANY YET FOR 12 MONTHS, SO EVEN IF THERE WAS A REDUNDECY SITUATION (WHICH CLEARLY THIS IS NOT), THE MAX DUE TO YOU WOULD BE ONE WEEKS WAGES.
I PREFER YOUR PREVIOUS EMAILS WHERE YOU APOLOGISED FOR YOUR OUTBURSTS AND SAID THAT YOU WISHED TO CONCLUDE MATTERS WITHOUT ANY NEGATIVITY.
I FULLY AGREE TO THIS AND DO NOT WANT ANY "Warui karuma" ON EITHER SIDE.
PLEASE LET US KNOW THE AMOUNT OF WAGES THAT YOU ARE OWED FOR THE MONTH OF MAY 2016 UP UNTIL LAST THURSDAY AS AGREED IN THE MEETING, TOGETHER WITH THE COMMISSION FOR THE CLAIMS THAT CAME IN FROM THE FSCS THIS MONTH AND THE BONUS FOR THE PACKS THAT YOU BROUGHT IN AS WELL.
WE PROMISED TO GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR THE 2 DAYS OF TESTING THAT YOU DID FOR US AND THIS WILL BE AT THE RATE OF £75.00 A DAY, SO PLEASE ADD IN 150 TO THE CALCULATION.
WE WILL NOT INSIST ON ANY BLACK STARS WHICH WOULD WRECK THE COMMISSION AND THE BONUS AS WE WANT A FAIR ENDING TO THIS RELATIONSHIP FOR ALL PARTIES.
IN ORDER THAT WE CAN PAY THIS FINAL AMOUNT WITHOUT ANY DELAY ON TUESDAY WHEN WE ARE DOING ALL THE WAGES, PLEASE LET US HAVE THE ABOVE FIGURES AND PLEASE CONFIRM IN THE SAME EMAIL THAT THIS PAYMENT WILL BE IN FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT OF ANY CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST THE COMPANY AS WE DO NOT WANT TO DELAY THIS PAYMENT TO YOU ANY FURTHER THAN NECESSARY.
MANY THANKS
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

How long have they worked there for and what queries do you have about this situation exactly?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she has worked with us for 11 monthsshe has inside knowledge of suppliers and clients and other company sensitive information and with a few phone calls she could cause havoc for the company and serious loss of money. She is abusing this situation of trust to blackmail 10k out of the company instead of having a proper settlement negotiation via soliciotrs or via a proper tribunal . she is trying to scare us into just paying her the 10k (50% of her annual salary) so that we dont have the hassleis this a criminal offence of blackmail or exhotortiobn and how can we protect ourselves from her doping this
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
SORRY TO BE PUSHY BUT CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME AN APPROX TIMESCALE FOR YOUR CONSIDERED REPLY

It will be this evening, I am travelling at present and will have a fixed connection within the hour or so and then I will prepare my full response thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
PERFECT MANY THANKS BEN
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
CAN I SEND YOU SOME FURTHE EMAILS THAT HAVE PASSED BETWEEN THE PARTIES IN THE PAST FEW HOURS
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS I CAN SEND THESE TO PLEASE AS OPPOSED TO COPYING THEM ALL ONTO HER PLEASE
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
MY EMAIL IS
***@******.***
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

I have been asked to look at this as I am a criminal practitioner.

What is the specific blackmail?

What has she said and what has she demanded?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
lots of emails to and fro todayis there anyway i can send them to you on email please as too many to copy and paste into hermy email
***@******.***
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Could you just me a summary of what the specific threat is?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
AN EMPLOYEE OF OURS HAS LEFT THE COMPANY 2OR 3 TIMES IN THE PAST YEAR DUE TO AN OUTBURST FROM THEM ETCLAST WEEK THEY WOTE RUDE EMAILS TO MANAGEMENT AND RESIGNED AGAIN
WE THEN MET WITH THEM AND OFFERED THEM TO GO NICELY AND QUIETLY OR TO HAVE A LOWER JOB ROLE IN THE COMPANY IF THEY WANTED TOCOME BACK (AGAIN)WE THEN OFFERED TO PAY THEM THEIR FULL MONTHLY SALARY AND BONUS AND COMMISSION WHICH WILL POB TOTAL CIRCA 1400 POUNDS AND THEY SENT US THE FOLLOWING REPLY WHICH WE FEEL IS BLACKMAIL OR EXTORHTION. WHAT CAN WE DO TO PROTECT THE COMPANY AGAINST THIS PRIOR EMPLOYEE WHO IS TRYING TO MILK US""" there is no negotiation.You either pay the £10,000 or you will see what a real nasty person I can be. I am sweetness and light to those I believe deserve it, I don't believe you do.I told you I'm not gonna have you f**k me over and have a good laugh. I don't make empty threats. At this current moment I have 4 routes I can go down to royally f**k you over, like you have done to me.You picked the wrong person to f**k overSent from my iPhoneOn 29 May 2016, at 16:58, wrote:ORT
HAVE RECEIVED YOUR WHATSAPP MESSAGE AND READ IT.YOU HAVE RESIGNED FROM THE COMPANY ON THE EMAIL FROM LAST WEEK AND THIS WAS CLARIFIED IN THE MEETING THAT WE HAD LAST THURSDAY AS WELL.YOU HAVE NOT BEEN WITH THE COMPANY YET FOR 12 MONTHS, SO EVEN IF THERE WAS A REDUNDECY SITUATION (WHICH CLEARLY THIS IS NOT), THE MAX DUE TO YOU WOULD BE ONE WEEKS WAGES.I PREFER YOUR PREVIOUS EMAILS WHERE YOU APOLOGISED FOR YOUR OUTBURSTS AND SAID THAT YOU WISHED TO CONCLUDE MATTERS WITHOUT ANY NEGATIVITY.I FULLY AGREE TO THIS AND DO NOT WANT ANY "Warui karuma" ON EITHER SIDE.PLEASE LET US KNOW THE AMOUNT OF WAGES THAT YOU ARE OWED FOR THE MONTH OF MAY 2016 UP UNTIL LAST THURSDAY AS AGREED IN THE MEETING, TOGETHER WITH THE COMMISSION FOR THE CLAIMS THAT CAME IN FROM THE FSCS THIS MONTH AND THE BONUS FOR THE PACKS THAT YOU BROUGHT IN AS WELL.WE PROMISED TO GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR THE 2 DAYS OF TESTING THAT YOU DID FOR US AND THIS WILL BE AT THE RATE OF £75.00 A DAY, SO PLEASE ADD IN 150 TO THE CALCULATION.WE WILL NOT INSIST ON ANY BLACK STARS WHICH WOULD WRECK THE COMMISSION AND THE BONUS AS WE WANT A FAIR ENDING TO THIS RELATIONSHIP FOR ALL PARTIES.IN ORDER THAT WE CAN PAY THIS FINAL AMOUNT WITHOUT ANY DELAY ON TUESDAY WHEN WE ARE DOING ALL THE WAGES, PLEASE LET US HAVE THE ABOVE FIGURES AND PLEASE CONFIRM IN THE SAME EMAIL THAT THIS PAYMENT WILL BE IN FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT OF ANY CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST THE COMPANY AS WE DO NOT WANT TO DELAY THIS PAYMENT TO YOU ANY FURTHER THAN NECESSARY.MANY THANKS
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
29/05/2016 08:10
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

That is not blackmail. That is just an unpleasant message.

That isn't an unwarranted demand with menaces.

At the very highest point it is possibly a malicious communication although it doesn't really even contain a specific threat so the chances of that are fairly low.

Just pay her the amount that she is owed and ignore this.