My 16 year old grandson was wrongly accused of rape and he

Customer Question

My 16 year old grandson was wrongly accused of rape and he has been found not guilty but the news paper publishes his name what can we do about this? We are not financially in a position to fight it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

What are you hoping to do about this?

Obviously they are entitled to do this. It is a controversial issue because his accuser will hide behind lifelong anonymity and probably do this to somebody else as well.

However, that is the state of the law and the papers are free to name him.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But he is under age I thought under age names are ***** ***** to be named in the news paper especially being falsely accused.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Only if there is a restriction upon publication as a youth.

That may well have been removed because it is a grave offence.

Be careful with making points like that he has been falsely accused. Of course he has. Most allegations of rape are twaddle. A finding of not guilty is not prove of a false allegation though.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He was falsely accused because the accuser was surprised to see him in court being accused of rape the accuser said he was not among those who elegy raped her. The police wrongly falsely accused him.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

So it wasn't a false allegation then but a mistake.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not know wether is a mistake or deliberate all I know is my grandsons was put in prison for rape his life is already ruin now the news paper are also allowed to do more damage all because of the colour of his skin 2016 the racism is worst than ever shame on the people of this world
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Yes, I understand.

I was just making the point that you need to be careful how you describe the finding of the court.

It is nothing to do with the colour of his skin. It is to do with the fact that in the 1970s allegations of rape weren't taken seriously enough and so now we have to go way over the top until society moves on.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please don't tell me it is not the colour of his skin because you were not in court to hear or see the rubbish that came out of the woman's mount. This is the third time she has done exactly the same thing because she is white and because she is allowed to continue ruining black young boys life.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Yes, I understand there are false accusers about. There are more false accuser than genuine victims.

That does not make it a racist issue.

If it were racist then it doesn't make any sense that she would exculpate him when in the witness box.

What it is though is attention seeking, compensation hunting or an act of revenge usually.