29905560

I booked a return flight with a agency, from heathrow to

Customer Question

hi I booked a return flight with a agency, from heathrow to Dubai and then Dubai to india.my agency told me the flight from Dubai to india times had changed,she gave me new tickets ,when I asked her if all the other dates and times were ok she said everything on my old tickets were fine only the Dubai to india had change and that I use my old tickets as normal and use my new ticket only for Dubai to india, so did as she told me going out was no problem ,but returning back from india to heathrow they told me I should have flown out a day before I have missed my flight if I want to fly back I would have to pay again which I had no choice and paid 548.00 pounds.so the lady at the agency schedule changed my flights and only told me about 1 change I lost 548.00pounds I have tried speaking to the agency to claim my money back , but she refuses to pay me she say's it's my fault I should have reconfirmed my booking. what can you advice me please
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Are you and the agency in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It would appear that you have a potential case for negligence against the agency because they had failed to inform you of the changes they had made to your travel itinerary. By making the changes themselves and by confirming with you that there were no further changes, thy have taken responsibility for this and providing you with incorrect information can make them negligent. That would allow you to pursue them for compensation for any losses you have incurred as a result.

The only way they could try and avoid it, which they have already tried to do, is to claim that you should have confirmed the itinerary yourself. However, for that to be a valid reason there must have been a specific contractual condition requiring you to do so. Check the booking conditions to see if this was a specific requirement on your part before travel. Even if there was, it could be possible for you to argue that by asking them to confirm there were no changes you had done as required. So overall, you would have a better argument that you should be compensated for this.

This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the steps you need to take to pursue this further, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you