12826847

On the 8 Feb 2015 I was followed by an Audi A4 driver 20

Customer Question

On the 8 Feb 2015 I was followed by an Audi A4 driver for about 20 minutes. I was driving my little car which unfortunately had something wrong it would speed up therefore I had to stick to lower acceleration, having said that that was a 30 miles onto 40 miles round and back this seemed to upset the the AUDI driver who was tailgating me and revving his engine. Eventually we got to a cross roads traffic lights and he over took me at the lights onto Sheppards Lane a two way narrow road, a few hundred yards and out of the
stopped. I saw clear way ahead so I signal and manoeuvre to over take him as I am getting pratically next to him the Audi driver opens his car door and unable to avoid I clipped his car door.
I did not stopped because I was really worried about confrontation, my son was inside the car and he was quite agitate because of the way this driver was behaving with me so I really didnt want to take any chances. I drop my son to his home and called my husband to meet me so that I could follow him home and call the Police. When I got home the Police was already there. In fact there were 5 Police cars all because that particular Police Sgt had an issue with my son and he thought he was the one driving.
The Insurance Company got involved and they were going to court has they saw it as both parties at fault: me for damaging his car, him for actually provoking the accident.
I received a claims court letter and I called the Insurance solicitor. The Solicitor said don't worry about it it is only a copy of notification we are due in court on Monday leave it with me and I will sort this out meanwhile if you have any other info send it to, which I did. With this I put the Claims letter in the folder and completely forgot about it.
Saturday the 26 May 16 I received a Court Claims judgement for £5000.00! I was astonished This man as already claimed and received at least part of the payment through the car insurance. What can I do to sort this out plrease, I dont have this kind of money.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Was he stationary please? Did you pass on the Court claim form to your insurers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologise but I am actually struggling at the moment, hence the reason that this is now scaring me. When I received the money claims I called the insurance solicitor but I think we had our wires crossed because he said 'not to worry, I am due in court on Monday and I will sort this out' I do not know of the outcome of the court I just put in the back of my mind and due to few health problems that I am having I totally forgot until I received a court order on the 27 May telling me that I have to pay the Olly Bartlett around £8000 which I don't have. What do I do. He has already been awarded compensation from the insurance company or at least part of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not disputing the Insurance company court case that's been dealt with the insurance solicitors. I am however complaining that this 'Money small claims court' that I misunderstood. Can I appeal and go against it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i have just rad your question. When I hit him he was stationary. He had stopped out of the blue after over taking me
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Have you spoke to your insurers since this judgment?