Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

On transferring a property to my children can I retain the

on transferring a property to my children can I retain the right to let the property retaining all liabilities and benefits
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Legally you will have no right to benefit from the property if it is transferred to them, however if they agree you can continue to benefit. You should be aware that if you do continue to benefit from it and you pass away, the property will return to form part of your estate when dealing with inheritance.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you