75100385

We are owed monies from works undertaken company from over 6

We are owed monies from works undertaken for a company from over 6 months. We have written and resubmitted the invoices, but have had no communication. The last letters were sent to the company registered address. With a view to going to small claims court
Subsequently we have heard that he is lining up to file for bankruptcy
Can you advise if you feel we will count as an existing creditor
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help toy.

Did you work for a Ltd company? How much is owing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DMC Limited
The amounts are in the region of £2,500
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry DMC Fire Limited
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

You dont need a Solicitor as these costs can't be recovered, but if you have already written just issue a County Court claim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** much as I thought. We have recorded delivery records for the letter sent to the registered address, but the individual did not collect the one to his personal address.
To our knowledge his is busy moving assets to hide them from a divorce proceeding.
We only became aware of the bankruptcy plan this morning
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes. If he applies to strike off the company then you can object to this at Companies House. You will see if there is an application to strike off as its a public record.

Can I clarify anything else for you? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** that we manage to get this sorted.
I cannot think of anything else
Robert
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Good luck Robert. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Alex