75100385

My neighbour's rottweiler attacked me while I was

My neighbour's rottweiler attacked me while I was talking to the neighbour in the street. Nothing serious, no blood, but a big bruise. But I'm worried about this dog doing serious damage, to a child perhaps.
The neighbour is a friend, and I get on well with him and his family. But when I tell him the dog should be put down he doesn't seem to agree. He says the dog has never done anything like this before.
What should I do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you want to have the dog put down please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do want the dog to be put down.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Then you need to report this to the Police. The Police can consider the matter and prosecute where necessary.

The Police if they prosecute may seek a destruction order so that the dog is put down.

But that is what you need to do - report to the Police.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to pay £38 for a discussion, just a brief helpful answer to my question.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes, can you see my response above? Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The police have dealt with this very sensibly: better barricades round the garden, and a muzzle in public.Best wishes.Dick ******-*****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Glad its resolved. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex