12826847

I have a notice from the UK Magistrates Court and they said

Hi, I have a notice from the UK Magistrates Court and they said I need to pay 500 pounds for fines and court costs.
It is for using my mates oyster card, I paid 1.50 and the bus was 1.50. I am not sure why I have a £500 in costs that need to be paid today. When I paid the correct fee.
I moved houses 6 months ago and my mate gave me this letter today. I have no other letters about this.
What do I do? Do I pay the fine today?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to pay it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can. If I Pay will this be the end. Like no other requests for money or want a court appearance.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If you pay off the court fine in full then that will be the end of it.

This sounds as though the sentence was a fine so there shouldn't be any other community requirement and then, if you pay in full, they cannot summons you back to court for breach.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats Perfect, Thank you. I will just pay it. Makes my life a lot easier than going to court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry 1 thing, the letter I got says nothing about a criminal charge, does that mean most likely I would only have the fine
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If you mean a criminal record then it depends what you were summonsed for.

If it is S18 Railway Bye Laws then that is a criminal offence but it is not recordable so it wouldn't show on your DBS.