12826847

Block of flats Management Company. A Proxy attended an AGM

Customer Question

Block of flats Management Company. A Proxy attended an AGM as Proxy for 2 flatholders (his children). The AGM was chaired by the current Management Company. At the AGM it was decided to hold an "informal" meeting after the end of the AGM to discuss the current Management Company without them being present. Apparently it was decided that a vote of owners should be taken to leave the present Management Company and revert to the original Management Company. Out of 4 directors only 1 attended the informa; meeting.
The Proxy took it upon himself to take a vote of all owners as to their wishes. There has been numerous e mails from the Proxy - WHO IS NOT AN OWNER - attempting to persuade Owners to revert to the original Management Company. As he is NOT an owner and was only a Proxy for the AGM what authority - if any - does he have to carry out this vote of all Owners (members of the Company that is not the Management Company I may add). I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Was this matter raised in advance so voting members would know about this, or on the day?