Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My daughter has banned us from seeing 2 of her 3 kids ages 9

Customer Question

my daughter has banned us from seeing 2 of her 3 kids ages 9 and 12 due to the fact her 15 yr old now lives with me and hasn't seen them or his mum for 6 wks what can we do ????
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-What were thr past arrangements for you to see thr youngest children?

-Are there any ccourtorders in place?

-How was the 15 year old placed in your care?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we saw the kids as and when the 15 yr old ran away from home and came to us for a break but now he is voluntary staying with us, my daughter is being awkward as she often does but all 3 kids are suffering as she has blocked phone nos face book etc they are moving house Monday we have no idea where we have no idea what to do
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** on average would the children have contact with you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
daily on the phone or several times a week when ever the kids wanted really but the 15 yr old need to see his siblings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello do I have to pay again to call or do I get an answer on here ????
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Firstly, unfortunately grandparents have no automatic rights to see or have contact with their grandchildren, but the children have a right to a relationship with their extended family. It is for their parents to make this decision.
However, given that you appear to have had regular contact with them im thr past I would suggest you write an amicable letter to her requesting arrangements be put in place for contact with you and their sibling. If this is refused you I would suggest that you make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: familymediationcouncil.org.uk). The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court using form C2 for leave to apply for a child arrangement order (as you do not have parental responsibility) and also under Form C100 for a child arrangement order together with a £155 and £215 (for each application) court fee to your local family court and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1.The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.