31090051

Can i register my Late Father's house in my name.I am living

Can i register my Late Father's house in my name.I am living in it 13 years. I have the deeds safely in solicitors . My Brother & I were to have the use of the house for our time and then left to his grandson =. neither he our my brother have shown any interest or payment for upkeep, rates etceven when my Brother and i were to maintain it.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

From your narrative the house was left to your last father's grandson with you and your brother having a life interest. For that reason you can't register the title in your name. You have no legal right to do so. Whoever pays for the upkeep is not relevant I'm afraid. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am creditd for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your answer and time.I love this place so will continue to enjoy and pay the price accordingly even though it pains me, as I seem to have to carry the financial burden all my life on my own. Even caring for my Father whom I adored when he could no longer look after himself.Just pulled the short straw I suppose.M