31090051

Traffic Law Scotland I was stopped by the Police and issued

Traffic Law Scotland
I was stopped by the Police and issued a Fixed penalty Notice which I should have attended to straight away but didn't, the 28 day period is now up and I've been told the Police may issue an arrest warrant if I do as I have done in the past. In the past I have done nothing and the Police then call at the house asking to speak to me but as I am very rarely home it is not possible for them to speak to me. Normally after a while they stop calling at the house and then after 6 months it is time barred. I have done this 3 times but been bit freaked about possible arrest warrant which has never been issued in the past. Can you please advise
Terry Hamilton
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

They can't arrest you or issue an arrest warrant. You are entitled not to pay the fixed penalty and then the PF would issue a criminal citation or, as you say, sometimes they don't get round to it. Happy to discuss further but you don't have to worry about being taken into custody. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is a criminal citation a order to attend court as when I have avoided the police when they have come to my door in the past there was no citation issued or left at my house. I was of opinion that the police calling at the house was to give issue citation personally or charge me so as PF could consider whether merited court appearance

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

It is an order to attend court and plead guilty or not guilty. It could be delivered by the police-but the PF can also issue by recorded delivery post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.