75100385

I started a business with my husband 2 years ago. About a

Customer Question

I started a business with my husband 2 years ago. About a year into the running the business my father-in-law got involved. He insisted on having 50-50shares with his son. After a large fall out in December, with him sending numerous slanderous emails to our clients and threatening to shut us down his son agreed to living him shares in the business along with two other people who's business we were taking over. I disagreed with the decision and said I wanted nothing to do with the business if he was involved. I asked for my name to be removed from the business. 6 months later nothing more has been done and I'm still a guarentor at the bank and listed on companies house. I'm worried about the way my father-in-law is conducting business and about the general day to day running of the business. What rights do I have?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is this a limited company or partnership?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a limited company
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

have you resigned as director?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't think any of us have. We are all names on companies house. Is that what you mean?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Then just complete form TM01 and submit it to Companies House.

That will get you removed.

You can do this online at:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/terminate-an-appointment-of-a-director-tm01

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/