75100385

I am on pip{standard rate , gher rate } I receive council

Customer Question

I am on pip{standard rate for mobility, higher rate for care} I receive council tax benefit , housing benefit , I am unable to work .I will be house sharing with a stranger . he is registered disabled , he works 45 h/w and is on higher rate of mobility and standard rate of care . how will this affect my benefits ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is this person going to be your lodger?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

What is your number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is in a house sharing agreement with me . we wil be renting from the college where he works . the rentis £650 p/m . we will pay half each and half the utitlity bills. its a three bedroomed property
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the college owns the property , I just need to kow if I will lose any benefits
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No. Your Housing and Council Tax benefit will be reduced as you will be paying less as it will be split with this person. But in effect that wont make any difference to you.

As for your other benefits, no it wont affect things - its just the Housing and Council Tax costs which will reduce for you anyway.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou . that's fe . have a nice day
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

And you.Good luck