12826847

I work small limited company in UK but which is part of a

Customer Question

Hi I work small limited company in UK but which is part of a global company & owned by them. I have been there 20 years and have many roles including co. secretary. There is only myself there most of the time, My managing director (when he bothers)and another off-site sales manager. we have no HR, grievance procedure etc- my MD reports his version to our h/o in Denmark, putting my sales and work contributiuons down to add to his own, increase his own £bonuses and status-this started about 4 years ago. but he has the hierarchy all on his side. so i have none to trust to go to.He has BIG personal financial problems but is addicted to spending (he takes out unsecured loans annually and then gets them w/o to a debt co and has an iva) he now uses the company to support his family and social life- putting my reporting of accounting into awkwardness. He has just had the approval to buy a new co car. I do a round trip of 90 miles p/d at my cost. He has just told me his existing car he is purchasing for his wife who does not work for our company @ £2k when its market v is £10.5K? Having illegally spent 3k on her petrol last year-can he do this without offering it to an employee first-and at this ridulous costly to the company price?pls help..
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Ben, thanks

Hi there. Please can you tell me what you would be ideally seeking to achieve so that I can look at your options?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I dont know Im scared he'll sack me, as his greed has made him a bully. his spending is out of control and there is no fairness as he is so greedy to everyones detrement but Head office guys love him. I want to know before tomorrow if he can sell that car to his wife at 2k when it is worth 10k when he has an employee travelling to work there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
he may be our UK MD but we are owned by the Danish global company so he is an employee of theres.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Hi can I just check if he is a company director registered with Companies House or is he just a director by title?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think he'd be registered at companies house. Him and 2 from our h/o have 1 x £1 ea ordinary shares (not worth anything but I guess as listed directors-they are on our official financial accounts that are submitted.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we are independent to Denmark and I ru the accounts BUT they ultimately decide on big decsioins, targets payrises etc
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
also im on a net profit bot***** *****lne figure yearend bonus and so ultimately all his unauthorised spending of the companys expenses and assets affects my pay

Thanks, ***** ***** this is more of a corporate issue which is not my area but I have forwarded it to a colleague of mine and he should be in touch as soon as he sees it, although I cannot promise if it will be tonight

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok can he email me so I am not having to keep pc on?***@******.***

yes you will get a notification when he replies, thanks

Expert:  Alex J. replied 6 months ago.

Hi thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I am a company law expert. My colleague has asked me to assist you. I am reviewing this now and will respond this morning. Kind regards AJ

Expert:  Alex J. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your patience. I have reviewed this. Can you confirm does the company only have three shares? Does he own 33.3% of the company? Also can you confirm, if you are creating the financial statements would you be able to prove the misuse of company funds to the other shareholders?