13262538

I was married to a special branch officer years and divorces

Customer Question

I was married to a special branch officer for 32 years and divorces 24 years ago. I receive maintenance payments which are not index linked. Can I now apply to have them converted into part of his pension? He has remarried.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Was there a court approved financial settlement or a court order settling the finances?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years.

I am afraid that since your Petition was issued prior to 2000 it is not possible to have a Pension Sharing Order.

However you are entitled to apply for an increase in your maintenance payments if you can show that his income has now increased and that your needs merit an increase.

Please ask if you need further details