75100385

OF A TRUCK FROM UK TO UGANDA. SUPPLIER GAVE ACCOUNT NUMBER

FOR SUPPLY OF A TRUCK FROM UK TO UGANDA.
SUPPLIER GAVE ACCOUNT NUMBER AND BENEFICIARY NAME.
WE TRANSFERRED THE SUM FROM OUR BANK STANDARD CHARTER BANK TO UK SANTANDER BANK.SUPPLIER SAYS HE HAS NOT RECEIVED THE FUNDS. SANTANDER SAYS IT HAS DEPOSITED THE SUM IN THE ACCOUNT. THE BACK AND FORTH HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 2 YEARS. TODAY WE FINALLY FIND OUT THE THE FUNDS WENT INTO THE RIGHT ACCOUNT NUMBER BUT THE BENEFICIARY NAME IS***** THE BENEFICIARY WHO WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO RECEIVE THESE FUNDS HAS USED IT UP. SANTANDER MAINTAINS THEY PUT THE FUNDS IN THE RIGHT ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH THE BENEFICIARY NAME WAS DIFFERENT.
IN THE TRANSFER FORM WE GAVE ACCOUNT NUMBER AND SUPPLIER NAME IN THE BOX.
WHO ARE WE SUPPOSED TO SUE?
MANJI
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

For now please let me know whether the funds were traced from your bank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Alex. my bank trace of funds is present. beneficiary bank also confirms they received the said funds. they put the funds in the account number given to them by me but they did not check the beneficiary name which is different.anu
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Just to be clear this information was given by the person whom you were paying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have transferred the funds into the beneficiary account number and name without a mistake which was provided by the supplier.
looks like the supplier has made a mistake in the account number. however the supplier keeps on coming back to us and does not seem to have run away. he has also maintained the account number is *****
normally the bank checks the account number and beneficiary name. if it does not match they are supposed to come back to the sender of funds.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Then you sue the supplier. You have sent it to the information provided by him. If it turns out to be wrong that is not your fault.

So the issue is with the supplier. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.
what about the suppliers bank which did not check the beneficiary name which is totally different from the name in which the funds were deposited?
sitting from Uganda where will i get the solicitor to sue the supplier in UK?
amount in question is GBP 9400/-
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

That's a matter between the supplier and bank. That's not your fault. They usually don't check the name, it's up to the supplier to give the correct details.

You can find a solicitor here

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

Can I clarify anything else? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS.
VERY SATISFIED.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex