75100385

I have instigated a claim against a motor trader insomuch a

I have instigated a claim against a motor trader insomuch a car I purchased in February developed a major fault, he through his lawyer is claiming that he can prove there was no fault at time of purchase. I am led to believe that under the New Consumer Rights Act 2015. He is obliged to be responsible for any faults in the first six months after purchase
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Was this new or used please? What was the major fault?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a Renault Laguna Coupe 2010 model so used
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fault was the steering rack seized leaving me in a busy street with no steering
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok then yes under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you have an opportunity to reject. If goods are faulty within 6 months then they are deemed to have always been faulty.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have quoted Consumer rights act 2015 section 19 (14) they have said that under section 19 (15) they are not liable
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I would still bring a claim. I disagree that they are not liable.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you I thought they were trying to pull a fast one .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I think of course they are trying it on.

Can I clarify anything else for you about this today please?