Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My mother past away 3 wks ago and lef myself as execoter of

my mother past away 3 wks ago and lef myself as execoter of here will ,she left5.400 in here will , to be shared between myself and my sister ,there is no other estate;mysister reacons this should go to probate but i do not think thisis the case,thank you ...
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your enquiry.

Could you confirm where your Mother's monies are held? bank, building society?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with nat west bank they closedaccount on me giving them the will and death certifacate..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is all halve shared my mothers will with my sister but,she said she cant put it into her bank she is worried it will not go through.it is in my personel account as it was put in there when i showed bank all my mothers wishes

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Well, you have done the absolutely right thing. Probate is only required if the Bank etc where the monies are held, request it. As the Estate is under £5,000, it is classed as a small Estate, and as such Probate is NOT required.

You are therefore free to transfer the half share to your sister and she has absolutely nothing to worry about.

I hope this assists and puts your minds at rest.

If so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al