12826847

My top caught on fire whilst at a private party at a hotel ,

Customer Question

my top caught on fire whilst at a private party at a hotel , there was a tea light on the edge of the buffet table my top caught on fire and luckily someone managed to put out the flames otherwise it could have been very serious,staff and guests witnessed this and they were distressed , my husband spoke to the manager and asked him to write down incident , this was friday evening , he said he would get back to us by monday there still has been no reply , , we had no reply.on tuesday my husband called to the hotel and spoke to the owner who said she had been away but she would look into it and get back to us by thursday, on friday we had a reply saying she would get back yo us by sunday ,it is now wednesday and still no reply we feel that this is not acceptable, as this could have been a very serious incident i would be grateful if you could give advise as i feel i have given them fair time to reply
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What are you hoping to do about this?

You were not injured I presume?

i realise that it could have been serious but it was not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not sure what to do , i am annoyed that no one has contacted me with an apology as this is a very well thought of hotel and they do not seen to care , i have house insurance but i am not going to claim on that it is not just the money it it is the attitude of the hotel and oviosly the health and safty attitude
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I understand. That isn't particularly good practice of them.

What are you hoping to claim for?