75100385

During a full-day business trip, I was driving my personal

During a full-day business trip, I was driving my personal car while following one of our company cars, driven by my colleague. We should have park our cars in the station car park, meet other people there and take the train all together. Unfortunately, just a minute after we entered the car park (it was 8:45am), we received a phone call form one of the supplier: they were late and they need to let us know what to do/where to meet them. So we stayed in the cars awaiting instructions (we never left the car park) and, in about 15 minutes, we received the phone call and had to leave the car park (9:08am). We stayed inside for 22 minutes. We bothe received a ticket for an amount of £ 60,-, to be paid within 14 days - £100,- after the 15 days.
I am using this car park frequently and I pay. It is 4,20 for a day. I feel like the amount required is too much for a 22 minutes stay without even moving from the cars. If we wanted to park for free, there is a Waitrose in 100m from this car park. Can you please give me more information about laws if I want to appeal? Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, this car park is covered by cameras? You didnt have a ticket?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Ales,yes, the car park is covered by cameras and we both didn't get the ticket immediately because we received a phone call saying that we might have had to leave.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

It's bad news I am afraid, parking companies only need to give you a few minutes grace. In this case you overstayed by 22 minutes and as such deemed to have parked.

Private tickets never used to be enforceable until recently when the Supreme Court said they could be.

Therefore as you overstayed sadly you are liable.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Alex,
thank you for the reply. it is bad news but I supposed it would have been that.
I will just pay as required.Lisa