75100385

After my holiday in May I have got to know what Latvia

Customer Question

Good morning. After my holiday in May I have got to know what Latvia stopped to pay pension to my mother. They wanted to see confirmation letter from notaries what she abroad still alive. I was going to show them photo of my mom from my phone at May,but they rejected. I am in shock. Romans.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Romans my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I would like to know how my mom can apply to court for compensation. Romans.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I would like to apply for compensation against LATVIA Pension Ventspils town branch, because they stopped to pay pension to my mom since last year December. How I can do that?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I cant tell you how to do that as a UK lawyer. I can only tell you UK law. If they are based in the UK then the above applies.

You can issue in the UK against a foreign place but it may be contested, but it may not.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know is someone from solicitors who is confident with Latvia law. What could be asked compensation numbers for this particular case, I could qualify this case as human rights broke. What do you think about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please respond to my last question.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You would need to contact a Solicitor to instruct them to take the case on for you. However I think you would get less than £100,000. Alex