Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

We own a second property outright, that is in my wifes name

We own a second property outright, that is in my wifes name only. Does changing this to any kind of joint names , normal or tenants in common, require 'conveyancing' in any form?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Yes, there will be some straightforward conveyancing forms required in order to transfer ownership from sole owner to joint owner. You can see the guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-or-property-with-land-registry/transfer-ownership-of-your-property

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you