chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I would like to do price draws in my business and give the

Customer Question

I would like to do price draws in my business and give the benefit (except costs for the actual items) to charity and I need advise.
Could you help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know what I need to do in legal terms to be able to do draws like this:http://20community.com/
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

Is the draw only open to members of your staff?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chatman,No, the draw will be public, I would like to sell tickets for it at XX price.eg: Guitar value £700.
Charity: £200total: £900 / 59 tickets = £15.25Selling them online.

As you have mentioned, you will be deducting the price of the guitar from the total ticket sales. Am I correct in assuming this?

Do you have a licence under the Gaming act 2005?

Gambling Act 2005

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,No, I dont, I have applied for this:https://new.enfield.gov.uk/services/business-and-licensing/licensing-L-to-P/lottery-registration/And being informed today that might not be doable due to being a businessWhat should I do to be able to do this kind of draws?

Hi ,sorry for the delay in getting back to you, however, this is not as straightforward as it seems. I will get back to you later today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi any updates on this?

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been busy with full time work commitments.

The Licence that you have applied for is the correct one. Once you have obtained the licence from your local council, you will be permitted to hold charity lotteries.

The law surrounding lotteries and other such gambling type of arrangements is covered by the Gambling Act 2005. The Act requires you to obtain a licence. The licence is usually administered by your local council.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! thanks a lot for your reply, while I wait for the license will it be legal to do the following:Sell 1 item at £20 (where a normal price is less) but making clear is for a benefit, indicating that a FREE draw number will be given with the purchase for the guitar and the charity benefits.Thanks,
Jero
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi any updates?