chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have moved into the UK in August 2015 and live her and am

I have moved into the UK in August 2015 and live her and am on housing and jobseeker benefits. I have also worked in the UK for stints in 2015, 2014 2013 and 2011/2012 but never continuous due to my project type of work. I have a huge tax debt in Holland. Can I apply for bankruptcy in England?
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

Do you have debts owed in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may have a tax debt of some 15,000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is due to the fact that in 2015 I invoiced for work for 49,000 GBP which I have to declare but have no money to pay that tax debt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My total debt amounts to Euro 400K to 600K if I get a penalty on top as dividend tax. I own a house in Holland currently valued at Euro 365,000 which has a mortgage of euro 400,000 and the tax debt on my self employed earnings of GBP 49,000. i owe a little bit of money to my family ( Euro 8,000)

If you have debts and are unable to pay them, yes you can apply for bankruptcy. You can find further details of how to apply at the following linkhttps://www.gov.uk/bankruptcy/overview

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards: