Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have my property on sale, and my potential buyer is unable

I have my property on sale, and my potential buyer is unable to raise a mortgage because the leaseholder of the "free solar panels" on my roof is unwilling to sell or give any let òut clause to the prospective buyer.
Since I was unaware of this new owner , (the original company NSA went into liquidation ) who I dicovered when I tried to contact NSA ,I was referee to the liquidators who in turn gave me the new owners address and phone number,
My question is am I liable for the buyer's expenses if I take my property off the market?
Yours Ken Fyfe.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ken, thanks for your enquiry. Under law, until Contracts have been exchanged, either party is free to withdraw from the transaction without any liability to the other party. So, in your case, you would be totally free to take your property off the market, without having to pay any fees or expenditure incurred by your Buyer. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. Kind Regards Al