75100385

My pension compensation from was sent to compensation

Customer Question

My pension compensation from was sent to compensation company who persued my claim but they say they received an email supposedly from me changing account details. Consequently after taking £7300 in commission they paid my £40000 plus to an unknown account. Mark Clancy
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay have looked at my message ? Mark
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Sorry. I sent that response by accident. I will opt out for another expert. Thanks

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just to be clear, how did they get the account details?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They scammers didn't have my account details they got compensation company to send funds to their account by sending an email to them asking to change account to receive payment. They pretended email was from me.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

AH ok - did you report it to the Police Mark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to the nrfc but the company involved are denying responsibility.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

To the Police? Did they hack your account or just used your email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked with my provider my email is secure, I have never had the money, the company sent it on the strength of a single email from a scammer. They didn't confirm change of details with me they just paid £40000 plus into the account scammers provided !
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Have you looked into your SENT box - is it there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no email sending different bank details
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

ALex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would rate you very good. Mark
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - if you could tick the box or happy face please. Thanks!

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
55357;���
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.