75100385

My new neighbour installed a CCTV camera on s house. He is

My new neighbour installed a CCTV camera on his house. He is very kind and I am sure means well. The angle of the camera at the front of the house also covers the area of my front door. We are very uncomfortable allowing him to keep the setting as it is, as we feel that the privacy of our tenants is being compromised. We also think in the long term, that if we one day want to sell our property, it can be an issue. From legal point of view, what rights do we have?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is it pointing there on purpose or just happens to cover some of the area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The neighbour said that they can't change the angle to avoid my area. It's just the way the camera is already installed. Brigi
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was there when the guys were installing everything and I told them about the angel that I would be happy with. After that the guy came back to us that it is not possible after all.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then unless its pointing directly at the door or window sadly there is nothing you can do.

You cant avoid it covering the curtilage of a property, because of the very nature of it. But the law says they cant point directly at or through doors/windows.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex for your help and honesty. I just want to make sure that I know what I can or can't do .
Have a good rest of the day . Brigi :)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

And you with the weekend. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex