How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11557
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

If a bank mis-sold a mortgage with out checking the

Customer Question

If a bank mis-sold a mortgage with out checking the applicant background AND at the same time the home owner with intent to lie and defraud on his mortgage application form and without telling the innocent family living at the property since 1961.
Is it illegal to evict a innocent elderly disable man from his family home?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The eviction is on the 30th June at 12.30pm - Please how do I stop it??!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you in advance
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Grand father old house on my mothers sidehouse built in 1961 for my grand fatherin 2000 the house was suppose to be a trust and say Man A to look after and over see financesunfortunately the house was in any type of trust what so ever and soley in Man A sole nameBut we didn't know this, We were ment to believe that the house was in a trust until we found out it wasn't in 2015So man A has homeMan A has no jobMan A has no incomeBut Man A get a mortgage in 2003 for around £175,000 with no job or income nor did Man A say 3 elderly people were living at the property at the time. 2 died and one this time in 2003 man A is stealing disability benefits Min £202,000 from a disabled man and passing that income as his ownover the years more and more loans on this property and then loads and loads of credit cards also on the house.To cut a long story short.My uncle is 71 this years and is mentally disabled (Dropped at birth)How do I stop this repossession and eviction of myself, my mother and my uncle so the police can have time to investigate all this fraud further?Thank you so much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is my number if you need to ring me ***********
thank you
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You need to see a solicitor straight away so that th solicitor can contact the lender or the lender's solicitors to explain the situation, that there may have been a fraud and ask for the eviction to be stopped pending investigation. Then the solicitor, on behalf of what should have been the beneficiaries to the trust may have to take steps towards reducing the title in favour of Man A, if he has in fact acquired the property through fraud. This does sound quite complex so you should not delay in taking advice from your solicitor so that the above steps can be taken as appropriate. There may be criminal aspects to this that the police may investigate but to remedy the title issue to the house etc is a civil matter and a solicitor will be needed. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for answering my questions but unfortunately it is a stupidly complex case not many people understand it nor do they want to. But thank you for taking the time to answer my question.Thank you