12826847

We are the registered lease holders of a sports complex

Customer Question

We are the registered lease holders of a sports complex (bowls and junior football) we have 15 years remaining on the lease.
For almost 20 years we have used the football field to park cars on to hold a "Fayre Day" (on the back of an air show at the local air base which we overlook. To raise funds to run the clubhouse and facilities (we do not have a licenced bar ).The land owner is a social club a mile away.
The lease says : "Not to use the land or buildings for any other purpose than a sports complex or such other use as may be sanctioned or approved by the owner in writing ( such approval not to be unreasonably withheld) we have never asked and they have never before objected.
Can we now be stopped using the ground for one day a year after so long without complaint? Regards K
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

1. Was the owner aware that you have held this day for 20 years?

2. Has a reason been given for refusal?

3. The letter appears to have been written because the Air show organisers have written to the landlords and they have instructed the solicitors, can you confirm I am understanding this correctly?

Please reply

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
question 1 yes the field has been used for nearly 30 years By the owners
I will need to check the other items
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello.Sorry someone else without my knowledge has gone to their own solicitor to sort this matter out
Sorry for the inconvenience I will of course pay the deposit.
regards Keith

Dear *****

OK come back to us if you need to

Best wishes

Michael