Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Can my husband stop me from going in our house it is a joint

Customer Question

Can my husband stop me from going in our house it is a joint mortgage I suffer with depression and anxiety and turn to the drink when I feel under a lot of stress. Last week I felt suicidal and had to be checked out by paramedics he says I have not to go back to the house as I have caused too much hassle. Can he do this?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for your enquiry. Legally, your husband has no right whatsoever to refuse you entry to your home. You and him are both legal owners of the property and you are both entitled to remain living there. If he were to change the locks, for example, you would be entitled to use reasonable force to gain access in such circumstances. I hope this assists and sets out the legal position. Kind Regards Al

Hi, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer, so I may get credited for helping you. Thanks Al

Hi, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer, so I can get credited for assisting you. May thanks Al