LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I have been requsted to attend a magistrates court on 6th

Customer Question

I have been requsted to attend a magistrates court on 6th July charged with failing to provide a breath specimen.
Despite several attempts the intoximeter at Grantham police station did not provide one. Despite me trying 100% to do so.
Can i represent myself in court or do i need a solicitor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

This is a hard type of case to win. You are likely tp need ot show that yo have an illness that makes it hard for you to breath into the intoximeter or that it may have been defective. This second route requires triggering extra disclosure from the CPS than they would usually provide (g of maintenance records etc.) and of understanding these when you get them.

You can represent yourself but I would not recommend it. Find a solicitor you do have conficdence in, you do not have to stick to one solicitor if you are unimpressed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am aware of this. At the time of breath test it was two months since my partner died and i was on medication. This may or may not hae affected my attempts to produce a specimen but i tried the best i could. I did not have a specific illness.