How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2723
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Madam I have separated from my wife after 14 years of

Resolved Question:

Hello Sir/Madam
I have separated from my wife after 14 years of marriage. I have 3 children from me and a step son who is 20 years of age now.he was about 4 when I got married to his mum.
2 years ago I moved out the house as it was too much to take.problems occur more than 3 time a week.
Oh,I have only married to her in islamic ceremony. I never done a British marriage.
She is not working and the family only depend on me .
I have taken too much .life was not bearable there.I did everything possibly to carry on but finally I thought is better for the kids to go out.
I kept supporting them fanatically. I left the country 1 year ago to work abroad but still supporting them fanatically every month.the money goes to her account every month.I don't do that under the child maintenance scheme.
The problem which i need your advice on is,from the day in left her she uses my kids as weapons .she doesn't let them communicate with me.she has taken all phones and tablets aways from are not answering my calls.I spoke to her and her brother they said they want them to focus on study which is not true. I care so much about their education than any body else.
I go on holidays just to see them but every time she creates problems I hear lots of bad words before manged to see them .she is so controlling women.when I see them (when friends intervene ) I noticed how scare they are.they are so scared of her .simply she is fighting me by using my kis as weapons.
My question :- can I stop the finacial support.will that help me legally if I decide to go back and take her to court?.
Just to mention some thing, we don't talk at all but she used my eldest kids phone to text swearing and talking rubbish.I noticed she use strange words which they reflect child abuse towards if she accusing me of abusing my kids whenever I meet them.I know she is twisting stuff and trying to gather lots of unreal events to use in court if things reached that kids are brain washed.
I have wrote to her and her brother asking them to speak to her to write to me in Arabic as kids can't read Arabic as long as she uses their phone but she still writing things in english from my child phone which they can read .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Where did you get married?

-How old are the children?

-What financial support do you pay - is there a court order or child maintenance assessment regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Son 14
Daughter 11
Son 7I got married in london in 2001 .islamic marriageNo court order or child maintenance. It's just support from me to her .
I pay her £350 a month
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. As there is no court order or child maintenance assessment there is no payments that she can enforce. However, you have a legal duty to provide for the children and if you stop paying she can apply to the Child Maintenance Service and request that they deal with it so long as you live in the UK. They will calculate your liability based on your gross income and how many nights a week on average they stay with you - if you can confirm these details and that you live in the UK I can carry out the calculation for your legal liability to see if you are overpaying maintenance.

If you do not live in the UK she is entitled to apply to court for child maintenance.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.


Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you