propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

My local authority issued a tree presevation order on my

My local authority issued a tree presevation order on my land 6 months ( 17 Nov 2016) ago and have only
now issued me with the notice
Should they have issued me the notice at the time the survey was carried out
Now I am informed if I have any objections I should put it in writting and post it before 1st July 2016
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi David

Thanks for your email.

People must be given the opportunity to object to, or comment on, a new TPO. The council should take into account duly made objections, comments and representations before confirming a TPO.

Objections and representations are duly made if they are made in writing and delivered to, or could reasonably expected to be delivered to, the council not later than the date specified in the notice and specify the particular trees, groups of trees or woodlands in question.

The council should ensure that all notified parties are given at least 28 days from the date of the notice to submit their representations. There is no obligation to provide notice on you when the survey was carried out.

I hope this helps.

Unless you have any further questions/queries please rate/accept my answer to ensure that I get paid for my time responding to your query.

Paul