chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am currently working as a A&E doctor under tier 2 general

Customer Question

I am currently working as a A&E doctor under tier 2 general visa sponsored by my NHS employer and I have been working with them for almost 2 years, my question is Am I allowed to set up my own limited company and work 20 hours a week in the same field under a Locum agency? I am doing locum jobs for 20 hours/week under same field which is under shortage occupation list and they are paying me through my limited company. Is it legal? My accountant has made me a Director of the company when it was set up, but what I understand is I cannot own > 10 % of the shares of the company hence I cannot be the director, is my husband who is under dependant visa allowed to take over? if he is how do I change the set up of my limited company?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

Would you like a telephone consultation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy with the answers to be provided through messages.Thank you.

The short answer is no you cannot set up a limited company and work 20 hours a week. As a Tier 2 sponsored worker, you would have to be employed by an organisation who has issued a Certificate of Sponsorship.

Your partner is able to employ you, however, heir permission must allow them to set up a company and become a director.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was written in UKVI that I can work 20 hours a week and I do not need another sponsorship as long as it is with in the the same specialty and as long as my job is under shortage occupation list and does not exceed more than 20 hours week and I met all these criteria. My main concern is about setting up a limited company.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been busy with work commitments.

You are not able to set up a limited company and become a director if you are on a Tier 2 Visa.

Kind regards,