13262538

My boyfriend is on license . A few of s conditions are that

Customer Question

My boyfriend is on license for gbh. A few of his conditions are that he can not have any contact with his ex or his children. This is because he was done for domestic vilonce (pushed her in a bush) she didn't want to press charges but police and cps did any way. I know this correct and there is no other domestic abuse issues as his offender manger has said this is correct. My problem is that he is not allowed to see his kids even though is ex says that she would like him to. Can probation and social workers say he can't without getting a court order
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Has he asked them to reconsider?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for more than 30 years.

Social Services will have told the mother that if she does allow contact then they will have to consider whether or not to start care proceedings which could lead

to the children being removed.

They are indeed entitled to say this as GBH is a serious matter.

If your partner wishes to have contact then he will need to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order so that the appropriate risk assessments are done and the court can decide what

contact he should have

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. I have 2 teenage boys will social services tell me I can't see him or they will take my boys off me. Do they not have to have evidence of them being hurt to do this
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How old are your boys/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
13 and 15. They think he is the best thing since sliced bread.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Social Services may be concerned - but given the ages of your children it is less likely that they would follow through - however it is possible

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you do they have to go to court to have them taken off me.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Yes