12826847

Question about IP infringement

Customer Question

Question about IP infringement
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Can you provide any further information? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex. My sister owns a small greetings card company (sole trader). She recently designed a card for Father's Day using how many days, instead of years, someone has been their Dad, etc. Another sole trader using the same website (Not on the High Street) has been in touch to say that she has infringed their IP and could she take down her designs.
The designs are similar - and the concept is basic exactly the same. However, they're not the only two card companies doing it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've attached an image. The three designs - bottom left - are two from the other company, and one on the end (far right) from my sister's. She designed them based on a request from a customer and says she honestly didn't take inspiration from the other company, or any others.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. I will review this and revert to you shortly. Kind regards AJ