12826847

16 Hartland Avenue Tattenhoe Milton Keynes MK4 3BW 5th June

Customer Question

Tattenhoe
Milton Keynes
MK4 3BW
5th June 2016
Dear Citizens Advice
On 25th April 2015 I had an accident with my car on a roundabout, no one was hurt only damage to mine and the other car involved.
I filled in the required accident report form together with photographs. I stated in the report that I considered that the other driver was at fault but I also stated that I wasn’t sure.
In subsequent telephone conversations with My Insurance Company I have said that I was not willing to go to court and say that I was definitely not at fault as it happened so quickly and on a roundabout.
My insurance company has said in telephone conversations that it would probably end up 50-50 as there are no witnesses and not CCTV.
Finally on the 12th April 2016 I received a county court claim form from the solicitors representing the other party. I immediately contacted my insurance company who said they would contact the solicitors and I was assured it would not go any further and that I didn’t need to do anything.
On 25th May 2016 I received a county court claim for the full cost of the accident + costs. I immediately contacted my insurance company and have spoken to them several times (each time a different person) each time I get assurance that they will deal with it but I have lost confidence with them. When I spoke to them last week I asked for a letter from them confirming what actions they were taking and something to show to the bailiffs which I have been threatened with. So far this has not been forthcoming.
Yours sincerely *****
Tel 01908 520679
07471 203824
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you sent the claim form to your insurer please? If so, when?