31090051

My wife and I would like to draw up mirrored power of

Customer Question

my wife and I would like to draw up mirrored power of attorney for each other in case of dementia etc but our lawyer has advised fees of over a 1000 pounds which we cannot afford. Is there a cheaper but still legally acceptable way of doing this please ?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You could do it yourself and you would then incur only the registration costs which would be £110 for each document. If you follow the instructions carefully at the link I will give you at the end, you should be able to do this yourself, by downloading the forms, filling them in, signing them and attending to registration. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time. Here is the link and you should follow each of the sections in order: https://www.gov.uk/power-of-attorney/overview

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as we are second timers in marriage we will need to have another attorney each(son/daughter) in case the remaining partner also gets dementia. Can these be included for the same costs ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying unsuccessfully to ask you a supplementary question on the same topic. As we are second timers in marriage we will need to have another attorney each(son/daughter) in case the remaining partner also gets dementia. Can these be included for the same costs ?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can and it doesn't cost any more.