75100385

My daughter was adopted 25 years ago and has been back in

My daughter was adopted 25 years ago and has been back in touch since January after many years of trying to persuade her very controlling adoptive mother that she wants to see me. Every time we see each other my poor daughter is bombarded by texts from her adoptive mother sending her into complete emotional turmoil. What really concerns me is that this women is still fostering children and the emotional scars my daughter has from this controlling behaviour and extremely worrying. It is now at the point where she called my daughter last night and told her that if I step one foot into their home town that she will attack me. I am at a loss of what to do
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Does she want the texts to stop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, yes she does
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't talk on the phone as I am at work but boss has given me permission to do this online
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure. She needs to get a Solicitor to write and ask that the harassment stops. If it does not she can report it to the Police who can warn the person and ask them to stop. If it continues then the Police can prosecute for harassment.

However she can seek a civil injunction for the texts to stop. She would need to complete form N208:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n208-eng.pdf

And N16a:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n016a-eng.pdf

The Court will set the matter down and decide whether the texts should stop. If they do not, this could be contempt of Court.

But from what you have said, this sounds like harassment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex, that was really helpful. I will talk to her tonight about it
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course, no problem