75100385

Just sold car on ebay 430 pounds got bloke came to collect

Customer Question

Hi just sold car on ebay 430 pounds got for it bloke came to collect had good look round ran it for at least half hour quite happy with it took it away feed back on ebay said it did what we said all ok. Eleven days later he sent a message via eBay he done over 400 miles in it and it has broke down Aa called out said head gasket blown. Man is now demanding a full refund and getting quite nasty about it please can you tell me where I stand with this. Surely I am not responsible after he bin using the car for eleven days and over 400 miles to me the car was fine when it left me thankyou for your time
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I assume you are a private seller?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
private sellee
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then dont worry. The motto is buyer beware as the Sale of Goods Act etc does not apply.

The buyer examined it and drove it. It worked.

The buyer can NOT return goods and get a money back. If he threatens you report this to the Police.

You are not liable. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The buyer is quoting the new law consumer act as of November 2015 is this of any relevance to us. So I am right in refusing to give him his money back this is quite worrying
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No - its a private sale. Dont worry. Yes refuse to give money back.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much would it be possible for you to send me a copy of all this so I can show him he says he bringing car back and clamping it outside till I give him money back quite daunting really thankyou again
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Once you rate you can copy and paste this or come back to it in your account.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thankyou for your help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex