75100385

I had a PPI claim concluded in jan 2013. I paid the CMC,

Good evening. I had a PPI claim concluded in jan 2013. I paid the CMC, yesterday out of the blue my bank sent me a cheque for a redress of my complaint, do I have to pay the CMC a fee even though I had not idea the bank was redressing my complaint ? and also I had not instructed the CMC to act on my behalf again.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I thought you had already paid the claims management company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but it's rather late , in answer to your question I paid the CMC for the initial complaint in 2013, they sent me a invoice which I paid which concluded my complaint then RBS said they had revised redress and paid me a further Ammount but I was responsible for informing the CMC of the further payment, I can not understand why I should pay the CMC for services they have not been instructed to undertake, RBS have done the work.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Did you instruct the CMC on this new one, I assume not? Did you sign any terms of business?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning Alex, no I have not instructed the CMC, have just spoken to the PPI department of RBS and they have stated the review of my complaint was by the bank and not the CMC he se the season further payment. The original complaint was concluded in Jan 2013 and I paid their invoice, I have a letter from ULL solicitors stating my claim is concluded (dated 10-01-2013)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

OK - then NO fee is payable.

This was a new instruction and CMC were NOT asked to do any work. Therefore NO fee is payable.

There are no terms of business signed for this transaction and they didnt do anything on the file whatsoever.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I have remaining is due to the fact I paid in 2013 and the complaint was concluded , for the CMC to have any claim I would have to instruct them to act on my behalf they could not say well we started the complaint it's not our fault at time of payment RBS did not pay you the correct Ammount
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Correct. In any event they took payment in full and final settlement. therefore nothing else is owing.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect - you have just made my 6 year old daughter very happy, she can now have a little pony, on a serious front is there any way I can have a record of your advice, and thank you very much - excellent service
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Once you rate then you should be able to print it off. Or you can come back to the question at any time. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again Alex
Phil
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex