75100385

I run a small business, a nationwide business will not

I run a small business, a nationwide business will not supply me goods and they have a UK exclusive distribution right, I can still buy the goods from outside of the EU and sell them, they are the same product from a different distributor. Am I within my legal rights to do this?As the other company seem to be trying to put a monopoly on the market in the UK and making it very hard to compete
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have they said why they wont supply you please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They say that anothother shop that is within a certain distance stocks the product, thus making it impossible for me to compete in the market.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if its within the EU there is nothing they can do. The whole point of the EU is free movement of goods and services. Therefore they can not restrict you and yes you are within your rights to import from the EU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I would just like to clarify I buy the good from a distributer in China. I can also buy from within the EU too bit obviously ad a business we look to buy from as close to source as possible to make it cheaper.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Correct. Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
great thanks, ***** ***** lastly if I recieve a letter from the uk distributer, I think it would be a kind of cease and desist I am safe to ignore? Other than that thanks for your help
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ignore yes. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex